1909 Randolph County CourthouseThings To Do -> History and Heritage -> Historic Landmarks (Asheboro)
This historic structure, the third courthouse location in Randolph County, opened on July 12, 1909. The design combines the complex, flamboyant massing of 19th century Victorianism with the motifs of American Beaux-Arts classicism. The form of the building is reminiscent of the neighborhood of "American Foursquare" homes along nearby Worth Street--boxy two-story cubes with hipped roofs.
Public accessibility: Exterior views; interior by appt only
Disclaimer: Randolph County and its municipalities have designated a variety of historic landmarks. Just as with state and national historic landmarks, visitors should be aware that some are private and not open to the public. Please contact the Visitors Bureau for additional information regarding accessibility before traveling long distances.