1848 Austin Lawrence HouseThings To Do -> History and Heritage -> Historic Landmarks (Franklinville)
The Austin Lawrence House has woodwork and moldings made from the Greek Revival classical designs by architect Asher Benjamin (1773 -1845) as seen in his pattern books that were widely circulated in the first half of the 19th Century. After the Austin Lawrence family moved away around 1855, the Cedar Falls Mill Company owned the house and it was rented to various tenants for more than 100 years.
Public accessibility: Tours by appt only
Disclaimer: Randolph County and its municipalities have designated a variety of historic landmarks. Just as with state and national historic landmarks, visitors should be aware that some are private and not open to the public. Please contact the Visitors Bureau for additional information regarding accessibility before traveling long distances.